Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Spirit of My Work

January 18, 2011 Blessing #256

"Be grateful for the joy of life. Be glad for the privilege of work. Be thankful for the opportunity to give and serve. Good work is the great character-builder, the sweetener of life, the maker of destiny. Let the spirit of your work be right, and whether your task be great or small you will then have the satisfaction of knowing it is worth while." -Grenville Kleiser



I was right about the non stop part, but it was great to be back at work!  All day I was filled with reminders about  how lucky I am to teach children science.  It was also a bit bitter sweet--Chip and Katie came just over 6 weeks from now--and that means just 6 more weeks with my advisory and my classes.  Now that I am so busy at work, it will fly by.



My advisory is composed of 14 kids (we were missing 1 in this pic!) who have been with me since they started at our upper school--so I've been with them through a lot--and they are about to graduate. The big goodbye isn't far away.  In any case, I am sad about it, but also, I feel so fortunate to have worked with these kids.  It is because of them I remembered this is my calling--who said you have to be a grown up to teach someone something?  Today I am thankful for my work.  Sometimes the tasks are big, sometimes they are small, but I do know they are all worthwhile.

No comments: