Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just Thankful for the Work

Monday January 24, 2011 Blessing #262

I get paid tonight at midnight.  Thank the Lord--the time between December and January paychecks is horrible!  I got paid December 17th as we headed into break, and tonight will be the first paycheck since.  Every year I try to prepare for it-but it seems there is always some type of unanticipated expense leading to a shortfall. 

But who am I to complain, right? I have a job--in fact, for a bit this year, I will have two.  I know that not everyone is so lucky in this economy.  So I'm resolving to stop complaining about getting paid once a month (or blue moon, in this case) and just be glad for the work.  Just having work is so lucky--and when you add that I love my work, it seems I am enjoying more than my fair share of good fortune!

No comments: