Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I am RICH!!!

January 1, 2011  Blessing #239

This was another sleep in day--it was fabulous!  I never thought it would happen, but we were all awake to ring in the New Year together, and we were all tired this morning!  My children rarely sleep past 7:30am-but I had to wake them at 9!

Trey hasn't had as much time off this Holiday Season as he usually takes--he just didn't have the vacation after our trips to Haiti and Jamaica, but the time he has been home has been so special.  It was wonderful to start the year eating all of our meals together.

I was busy of course-nesting full force again-but everyone in our family was exactly where we wanted to be.  I started thinking about children without parents, parents who've lost children, and families separated by war, and I was overcome with the richness and good fortune I have in my home.  Oh, richness in the non material sense obviously--but in all the stuff that matters, I have it so good.  There is no place I would rather be than at home with husband and 2 children--and they reciprocate 100%.  So today, I acknowledge that I am blessed beyond measure with this family, this home, and our good fortune.

No comments: