Monday, January 17, 2011

Order from Chaos

Monday, January 17, 2011  Blessing #255

Back to work tomorrow!  I am ready--even though it will be nonstop once I get there.  Making up a week of instructional time is not going to be easy. I went in to my classroom tonight and set the stage--so I will be ready to hit the ground running (well, waddling, maybe?).

Anyway--they finally came! My over the door clear shoe organizers.  I am so in love with them, I can't wait to get paid and buy three more!  I want one in every closet in the house.  This was another great idea from Good Housekeeping's January issue, except the one they showed was opaque.  I may be newly on fire about organizing...but one thing I realized years ago is that there is no point in storing things in any other kind of container but clear.  What's the point of storing it if it's not easy to find?  Anyway check out the before and after pics of kitchen junk drawers (it started as just one--but just sort of took on a life of its own).


Junk Drawer #1

Junk Drawer #2

All the Drawer Junk VISIBLE on the back of the Laundry Room Door!
Well, I couldn't get the whole thing in focus-my laundry room is tiny--but hopefully you get the idea!


The After of Drawer #1


The After of Drawer #2

You know it's funny--as a child I was a major hoarder (like Chip).  But, as a teen I was meticulous in keeping my room clean and clutter free-and I stayed that way until I was a Mom.  Then, something just had to go...at first there was Chip and a Masters' porfolio plus part time teaching. Then there was Chip, Katie, a dissertation to write, and part time teaching....and then there was full time teaching plus the kids and their expanding schedule of activities.  I guess this crazy nesting is all about trying to regain order before there is yet another iron in the fire (in this case, my soon to be new baby, Henslee). 

Check out how we used the 2nd organizer to clean up clutter in the entertainment center!  This is inside the coat closet door.
No More Panicked Kids Looking for Wii games or accessories!



Anyway, I highly recommend that you buy this product in your effort to simplify!  It really will bring order from chaos--and for working Moms, well for anyone I guess, that is special.  So, today--I'm thankful for the extra time off.  I excited to go back to work--and I am soaking in this moment where I feel I have won a battle against chaos in my home!

No comments: