Monday, January 10, 2011

Laser Show...in the Oven????

Saturday, January 8, 2011 Blessing #246

First, our oven tanked--I mean it put on the equivalent of the laser show this morning, and I just cried. How are we going to pay for an oven? We are not spending anything between now and payday, and this is certainly not in our budget!

Anyway, the air is all a buzz with stories of a major winter storm headed our way. Now in Georgia, we get excited about flurries the way they get excited about sunshine in Seattle--so I'm still waiting to see if its much ado about nothing. Nonetheless, we did our bit to stimulate the economy and headed out for groceries this morning. All 4 of us went, and it was packed! Everyone hurried in to buy staples for waiting out the storm.

I just keep thinking, thank God that for my family the possibility of snow is exciting. What if I didn't have a way to keep them warm or fed? It really puts the whole oven ordeal in perspective doesn't it? I mean we have shelter, heat, a fire place, a stovetop, and microwave. So, we'll be light on the casseroles for a while? We will still gather around a table of plenty and thank God for our good fortune.

No comments: