Saturday, January 22, 2011

More Good News

Friday, January 29, 2011  Blessing #259

Visited the Dr. today--Henslee and I finally made up our visit from the snow storm.  She is doing fine--and so am I. God willing, we'll just keep right on doing fine until she decides to make her entrance-probably about 6 weeks from now.  I don't want to miss anymore work than necessary--especially since I'm already planning on taking a bit of time without pay after she arrives.  Plus, I have important work to do with my students and I am running out of time!

We listened to her heartbeat--it is the most soothing sound in the world.  I'm very pregnant-but other than ridiculously frequent trips to the potty and a hard time getting comfortable at night, I am as happy as a pig in slop. I just love to be pregnant.  There is peace about me when I'm pregnant or nursing.  I know that is it is OK-in fact necessary-for me to focus on home and family.  Pregnacy just brings into focus priorities--reminds me of what is really important, and makes me feel like I am assisting in a miracle.

So, today-I acknowledge how blessed I am to be able to carry another child--and to enjoy a sense of peace and purpose that grounds me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Anna,
You are so right about being grounded with a pregnancy. There is no more important work than you are currently doing.
This little baby will enter our world as a great big PROMISE and POSSIBILITY as the song goes.
I can't wait.
Am so proud of you and your family.
Love you, Mom