Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Way of Working Out

I've had some issues getting on internet at home.....so I'm going to catch up now.  Seems to be working!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011  Blessing #257

I think I have mentioned here that Wednesdays are my busiest days.  My planning periods don't meet and it feels like I hardly have time to go to the potty--lately that really is an issue, since I have to go all the time.  Really, I can't believe I've ever complained about not having time.  When I am able to function without having to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes, I think I will amaze myself with all I accomplish!

Anyway, it has been an adjustment, going from PJs all day during the snowcation to up at 5, ready at 6, waking the kids, packing lunches, etc.  But, I have loved being back in the saddle at school.  I'm still busy at home too--last night we closed on the refinance of our house, enjoyed a visit with Granna, PawPaw, and Mama Scott, and watched Chip play basketball.  The Scotts came bearing gifts--the Diaper Dekor Disposal system, the newly mended bumper, and the precious pink hamper!  It is really coming together.

This morning came early, but I still bounced out of bed carried by all the good emotions of visiting with family, sharing excitement about Henslee's impending arrival, and completing the refinance.  Even though it was a busy day, I was joined by my soon to be long term substitute teacher in my classes.  The saying is true-many hands make light work.  All in all--I'm just feeling pretty good about progress in getting ready for baby-and the upcoming transition for my students. 

I also learned today that I will be working at UGA again--right after Henslee is born and this summer.  I have been so anxious about how finances would work as we introduce another baby to the picture--worried that I would be unable to afford to work at Athens Academy, pay a nanny, and keep my kids in school there.  Trey and I have had meetings and worked through lots of possibilities, but there was no way around us needing more money to keep things how we wanted them to be.  So--at least for most of the 2011-2012 school year we've now got it sorted.  It won't be easy to work through maternity leave for money soley earmarked for a nanny beginning in August--but it will be fulfilling, fun work, and it will alleviate a ton of stress.  Things just have a way of working out.

No comments: