Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wipeout!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011  Blessing #250

Hard to believe another day at home!  I am loving having the time to focus on washing baby clothes and cleaning out closets.  I woke up to the news that Granna has bought the rug for the nursery and it is being shipped to my house--she also helped me pick out fabric for the valence which she will make!  By some miracle (that miracle is family rallying around us and our soon to be addition!) it is really starting to come together.  I wondered how it could with my work schedule between now and D-day. For me this is really found time--and probably the last found time I will have for at least 5 years!

So, on my nesting list--we can mark off Katie's closet and dresser and Chip's closet and dresser.  When Trey left for work this morning he forbade me from going outside.  Apparently our driveway is solid ice, and he was trying to keep me from falling.  Obviously, I didn't want that risk either, but I was feeling bad for Chip who was dying to get out and play (Katie does not like snow).  Then, my neighbor, Sloane called and offered to come get him on the Gator and take him sledding.  He had a blast--and got some fresh air.  Trey was right, though-Chip wiped out twice on the driveway--then Sloane told me about her friend who slipped on ice at 31 weeks and went in to labor.  I will definitely be staying inside until it is safe!

Anyhow, today I am thankful for found time, family that is helping us prepare for Henslee, a neighbor who ministered to this "shut in," and that no one is hurt or in labor needing to get to the Dr!

No comments: