Thursday, January 13, 2011

FREEDOM!

Thursday, January 13, 2011 Blessing #251

Well--there is good news.  While I have been a prisoner in my house since Sunday night (due to the epic winter storm in Georgia), I have accomplished a ton. Both kids' closets and dressers are cleaned out.  The laundry room cabinets are cleaned out.  Katie's baby clothes from the garage are washed and put away in Henslee's room-as are all the clothes donated by Heather.  I have 4 bags ready for donation to Good Will, and a couple ready for the trash heap--I even have a sack of hand me downs from my sister-in-law ready to return. Maybe it doesn't seem like much, but I feel very industrious doing all this while prepping meals my kids (even Katie who is notoriously picky) would eat and growing a human. 

In fact, it wasn't until lunch today that I got a bit stir crazy.  Ok--a lot stir crazy.  It was compounded by the fact that I couldn't send my kids out to play.  It is so slick, and if they fell, there would have been no way for me to get to them without risking a bad fall-not good for me or the baby.  There have never been two kids who needed to go out and run like those two today--so, they held major Star Wars battles in the living room--practiced bending elements like the Last Airbender, orchestrated a major spy operation using walkie talkies while I cooked supper, and did all of this (even the "super secret" spy operation) at a noise level equivalent to a home UGA football game.

Yep--it was bit much for me to handle, but I am thankful that it was today before cabin fever set in.  I am so blessed to have had time at home--found time to accomplish all that I've been worrying over and enjoy my children.  Oh, and I have done all of this without spending any money! 

And now, I'm thankful that the weather is about to change, the ice and snow are about to melt, and I can get out in the sun.  I have already heard no school for Friday either--but by tomorrow afternoon we should be near 40 degrees, and I am going outside.  Hopefully I will be able to walk and push Katie in the stroller, while Chip rides his bike.  I will venture out to the bank which is right around the corner-and maybe even to Michael's to pick up my framing order.  So, I got stir crazy just as there was light (and warmth) at the end of the tunnel.  Perfect timing.

No comments: