Monday, January 17, 2011

Daddy's Hug and The Happiness Project

Sunday, January 16 Blessing #254

Mom and Dad came to visit today!  It was wonderful-I got to show them all I've been cleaning out and they got to see the progress on the nursery.  There is something about being this pregnant (I think we are coming up on 32 weeks--Chip and Katie were both born at 38) that means I want my Mom and my sisters around me.  The women folk just take it all in stride and know what to say and do to get ready for baby and support the Momma.  And when I hugged Daddy, I just could have stayed there forever.  My Daddy has the most wonderful, comforting smell--and it never fails to make me feel safe and loved; and well, like I am still and will always be his little girl.  We're coming up on the anniversary of my brother's death-so, if anyone needs comforting it's probably Daddy.  Yet, without even realizing it, he's tending to me.

So the blessing is pretty obvious today, right?  Just thinking about the love and support in my life has me teary.  I have so much for which to be thankful.

But, I wanted to also mention, that I have ready two articles in Good Housekeeping by or about Gretchin Rubin--and they have both been fabulous.  I am going to read her book about Happiness--and thought some of you might like to read it too!  She's already inspired me to make my bed everyday--and simplify, simplify, simplify.  And she was right--it does make it easier to find the good stuff!  Anyway, read along!

No comments: